Monday, March 9, 2009

Back In the Saddle

I have to admit, the thumb accident? it kind of had me out of sorts last week. I wasn't sleeping well on top of it all. I don't do well with sleep loss. This week though, promises to be new. I get the stitches taken out on Thursday, and the pain has pretty much subsided for now. I have been able to work out and run again (something that the pain/throbbing was prohibiting) so I feel like I can go back to being myself for now.

Just less a little thumb.

The Girl has lost FOUR TEETH now! She isn't even recognizable if you were to look at her pictures from before all the tooth loss set in. The top two came out because of the "incident", but the bottom two came out because, well, she is six. She is beyond elated and LOVES the Tooth Fairy so much she often talks about wanting to lose all her teeth right now so that the Tooth Fairy will visit her house all the time.

That, and she likes the cash involved.

One time, last week, the Tooth Fairy? she didn't make it to our house. It was too windy. If you are a small fairy that uses flight as your main mode of transportation, the wind isn't your friend. Thankfully, when she lost the second tooth last week, the winds died down just in time for her to arrive. As if remembering the Tooth Fairy thing wasn't hard enough, now we have to pay attention to the weather because The Girl is all over whether or not conditions are right for payment.

We like challenges.

The Little Man is very jealous he hasn't lost any teeth yet. He asked me today how many more days until he loses a tooth. I told him that he would need to be six. He wanted to know how many days that was. He was pretty ticked when I told him the approximate time frame he was looking at.

I just hope he doesn't take matters into his own hands like he did with his sister.

The Girl has been going to Birthday Parties like they are going out of style. I don't know what happened nine months previous to mid-February/beginning of March in 2002, but WOW! It was a fertile time. I actually had to tell her that we would have to decline the next invite if we didn't get a least a couple of weeks off.

This too has made The Little Man very jealous. He wants to go to parties too, but now that The Girl is in school, the parties are no longer for him too. As revenge, he is throwing the "bestest birthday party ever! ONLY BOYS can come...except sister." It totally breaks my heart to see him so sad. He just wants to do stuff with his sister and have fun.

And eat cake.

Lastly, here's a picture of the two I took playing in the winds we had last week. I have had this idea of a picture in my mind for about a month or so now. It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted to, so we'll have to try again soon...

No comments: