Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Conversations With the Kids

Let me just give you a little background on this conversation, The Little Man is in love with Transformers. Why? I have no idea, except that he is a little boy. He has never seen any type of show or movie with the Transformers in them. He does not own any Transformer toys, and up until today, does not have any Transformer books. For some reason, sometime last summer, he saw a Transformer picture and fell in love.

IN LOVE, I tell you!

When I saw that the Scholastic Book order form, that got sent home from school, had a Transformer book in it, I thought, "The Little Man is going to LOVE this."

Well, I was right on the money. He squealed and howled and squealed some more. He actually looked through it so many times, between receiving it and me actually reading it, that he ripped out one of the pages. So today, we sat down with our Transformers book and started to read. Afterwords, we had this little conversation:

me: Hmmm...lets go back and look at the page that has the picture on it of all the Transformers and try to figure out their names.
p: Ya!
me: I think this one is Optimus Prime
p: No, that one is a Transformer
me: Ya, I know it's a Transformer, but I think his name is Optimus Prime.
p: NO MOMMY! He is a TRANSFORMER!
me: I know, honey, but he is a Transformer that has a name, and his name is Optimus Prime.
p: I know mommy, I am TRYING TO TELL YOU he is a Transformer, so TRANSFORMER is his LAST NAME. You know, Optimus Prime Transformer.
me: Ya, I am sure that is what you were trying to tell me.

This little convo happened later tonight while I was blow-drying The Girl's hair after a shower:

d: Why do you always take a shower, like everyday?
me: Because, it's good to take a shower everyday. You're supposed to.
d: I don't think you HAVE to take a shower everyday.
me: Well, I guess you don't HAVE to.
d: Ya, it isn't in the Ten Commandments you know.
me: I suppose since it isn't a Ten Commandment we could probably skip a day here and there.

If you smell something funny next time you're around...

No comments: