Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Stocking Up on Band-Aids and Guaze

If you have a weak stomach, or don't deal well with trauma and blood check out now.

I am serious.

I do well with this stuff, and I plain LOST MY COOL.

OK, if you are still here, you can't say I didn't warn you.

Yesterday, at lunch time, I cut off the tip of my thumb.

I know, so gross.

I was cutting carrots in a hurry to make it to a lunch on time, and just flat out wasn't paying very close attention. Apparently, those knives we got brand new at Christmas, they are sharp. There was no resistance whatsoever.

I immediately started screaming, and crying, and some more screaming, and then some wailing.

Because I know how to keep my cool in emergency situations.

Thank goodness the kids were nowhere within earshot or sight. They had chosen to wait for us in the car while we quickly ran in and grabbed the salads (that I still needed to chop up a carrot for). It would have totally scarred them for life, the way their mother was carrying on.

And the blood.

And the floppy finger tip.

So, I had the tip sewn back on in the ER. The ER was a VERY busy place yesterday. We were there for almost 4 hours. Much of that time my thumb was not medicated.

I'm just sayin'.

While we waited, Hubs made good use of the time. He took my iPhone and used the whoopy cushion application to make everyone who walked by our room, or who was waiting outside our room (we were right across the hall from a single-stall bathroom), think we were disgusting human beings, with bowel issues, just having a grand ol' time in our room. I think he laughed so hard there were tears. So, someone was having fun.

Which is important.

Unfortunately, the price of admission for this fun, was the tip of my left thumb.

2 comments:

The Page Family said...

I cannot believe that happened! The girls told me last night~ Crazy...hope it heals quickly!

Amy said...

i heard about this earier in the week---wow---you are a trooper!