Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Super Glue, Gas, Showering, Bathrooms, and Arm Pits

If the title of this blog post hasn't tipped you off, this post is totally random and will mostly likely make no sense at all by the time you are finished. If that might give you a headache, or you feel like saving yourself a precious 15 minutes or so, then by all means, check back in tomorrow. I just hope I don't have a headache by the time this is done.

#1. I LOATHE super glue. I really do. I can't stand the stuff. Seriously, the next time something breaks, I am just going to throw it away, and save myself the misery.

The Little Man's Darth Vader helmet took a hit and a decorative piece on the front came off. He, of course, went into hysterics. Out came the super glue. I thought, "I'll just put a little dab here, replace the part there, and bingo bango! I'll be the hero of the day.

That is NEVER how it happens with super glue. I swear that stuff has some sort of curse on it. First of all, I would LOVE it if someone would enlighten me on how to open up a tube of super glue so that the ENTIRE contents of the tube do not come flowing out all over the place (read: all over my hands and fingers). While trying to get the glue off, everything in the world sticks to you with super force (hence the name). However, once I got the mess under control, and got just a dab onto the broken mask, wouldn't you know, the glue WILL NOT hold the little plastic piece in place. My finger, however is permanently attached to the mask.

I think that stuff is made to adhere human flesh to just about anything.

Also, once you get yourself unglued from your project, how do you get the glue off of your skin? My fingers are like sandpaper right now.

Lastly, I got a bunch in our kitchen sink. It dries pretty fast there too.

And it doesn't dry clear...

#2. I filled my tank at the gas station yesterday for under $60. I just about fell over with joy.

#3 I have been experiencing a weird phenomenon. OK, I guess it isn't too weird, just new. I have been getting compliments on how great I look this last week. The weird/sad part is that I don't look any different than I ever have. I just realized that some people just think that I am all dressed up and put together because the only time they have seen me is when I am sweaty from working out, and still have my workout gear on, or wearing my PJ's/sweats out in public because I was having a lazy day and just plain didn't want to get ready. There is a whole segment of people out there that think that this is how I look all of the time.

Part of me wants to fix this and wonders how this even happened, and the other part just doesn't care.

It's up in the air right now as to which part of me will "win out". I do feel weird telling people after they have commented, "Wow, you look really nice today! What did you do different?" that the only thing different is, I have showered.

#4. I think I am going to buy stock in the Clorox wipes. You know, those wipes that are like Wet Wipes, but instead of cleaning up a dirty bottom, you are cleaning up a counter top or the floor or some other mess. My mess is the bathroom. It's messy about five to six times a day.

Having a boy is interesting. I won't even discuss the areas that I have to clean, and how far away from the actual target they are.

#5 I don't know if you remember, but I am having laser hair removal done under my underarms. I can't tell you how happy I am with the results so far. I haven't shaved under there since the beginning of August, and I am as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Many people have thought this hair removal was kind of silly, but I don't care. They say, "It only takes like 2 minutes to shave there, so it's not that big of a deal."

Well, let me tell you, that is two more minutes than I had before.

Also, I haven't had one freak out episode yet at the gym, or after I realized my hand was in the air for whatever reason, wondering when the last time I shaved was.

Lastly, they are beautiful. Seriously. They are smooth and there is nary a trace that any type of hair has ever lived there. No bumps, no coarseness, no five o'clock shadow at noon. Nothing.

I better stop with this randomness and try to get back into some sort of organized living. I might even take a shower and put on some make-up. I've got to do something about all this super glue all over my hands.

Of course, I'd have to clean the bathroom first.

No comments: