Tuesday, October 28, 2008

If I Do Say So Myself

I think I might be a genius.

Seriously.

I am sure you all have figured out why I still am doing a lot of cleaning in the bathroom. It isn't because I think a meticulous bathroom is a necessity. No, it's because I don't have a choice in the matter. Someone in our home has a loaded weapon, and has yet mastered how to use it (see #4).

The other day, I saw a commercial that peaked my interest. It was for Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel. All you do is put this blob of gel stuff into the bowl of your toilet. Bingo, Bango, every time you flush, it cleans your toilet. The idea was that, since it disolves by itself after about a week of flushing, you would never have to remove one of those toilet bowl-cleaner-holder-thingys again. Especially after months of use.

Ewwww.

Again, I do not really feel like my bathroom needs to be immaculate at all times, but I had an idea. See, in the commercial they place the blob kind of high, under the rim, and a bit out of site. I thought, "What if I put this blob low, straight out in front, and in plain view?" My plan was to tell The Little Man it was a target, and like all targets, he must shoot it. Then when he flushes, my toilet gets a little refresher. I felt BRILLIANT!

Oh yea, sure, other, more experienced mothers, have probably already come up with something similar. Like, I have heard of the Cheerio method, and there are even flush-able targets made just for this very reason, BUT are they cleaning the toilet at the same time?

I think not.

I will say that the fragrance that they put in that gel is a bit strong. In fact, I have had to hold my breath in there a few times. However, it dramatically cut down the number of times I have had to clean the bathroom in a day from around six to about one to two times.

Of course, like all good things, the novelty of it has worn off a bit, but it is easy to remind him before he goes into the potty, to aim for the blue target.

And my toilets have fresh breath.

Also, the Cheerios in my home have maintained their dignity.

It's the small achievements each day like these, that keep me going.

No comments: