Monday, October 6, 2008

I Love the Shuffle Option on my iPod

Thankfully, I was able to get out of bed on Sunday morning, and finally get back into running. It was wonderful. I had debated whether or not I should just run on the treadmill, in order to avoid the chill in the air that might push me further into hibernation mode, but I decided I would get tough and face the chill head on. I decided if I just dressed correctly, I would be just fine, and the chill might be refreshing.

I put on my running tights (full length), a long sleeve shirt with an undershirt-with-a-built-in-bra-type-thing underneath, and my headband that is wide enough to cover my ears. I was dressed for the weather. The only problem was "the weather" didn't really exist. It was actually quite nice. Some might say that it was "perfect running weather".

Oh well, I was out there, and I got it done. I am so glad that I didn't run on my treadmill. I saw some of the most beautiful scenery which was perfectly paired up with the best praise music.

I could not have chosen a better match between the gorgeous mountains, which were covered in big fluffy clouds, except for their peaks which poked out at the top, and the leaves that have changed colors (almost completely), but haven't fallen off the trees yet. All that beauty combined with lyrics like: "How great is your love? So much higher than the Heavens with faithfulness that reaches the skies" from Mercy Me. Followed by "Every time I breath I feel a little bit closer. I never want to leave I want to stay in your warm embrace. Oh basking in the glory shining off your face." by Big Daddy Weave. The best were these lyrics from Third Day: "Lord of all creation, of the water, earth, and sky The Heavens are your Tabernacle. Glory to the Lord on high. God of wonders beyond our galaxy, you are holy, holy. The universe declares your majesty you are holy, holy. Early in the morning I will celebrate the light. And when I stumble in to darkness, I will call your name by night."

It was the perfect sound track.

I barely noticed that I was running uphill for a large portion of the run...against the wind.

OK, I might have noticed just a little bit.

Even though it (the run) was tough at times, it was a good reminder that great things aren't always easy. Just because you have to work at something doesn't mean it shouldn't be. Sometimes life's biggest and best blessings cost us something. Sometimes the price is pretty small, and other times the price is unbearably big.

Sunday morning I paid the price of bearing the cooler weather, running uphill, against the wind, and a bit of exhaustion from the laziness that was the week before, but I was blessed with God's beauty and presence. A VERY small price to pay for such a huge blessing.

It's a blessing that will keep me moving, and resisting the temptations of hibernation, all week.

On a side note, and not so coincidentally, I have been working with the kids through a book that helps them to memorize Bible verses. This is the verse we memorized last week.

(I video taped it because the kids LOVE to watch themselves over and over. I thought it would be a great way for them to teach themselves, and keep them motivated.)

((In case you thought I was crazy or something.))

(((Seeing that video, though, was not what tipped you off to the craziness, was it?)))

No comments: