Thursday, October 30, 2008

Don't Forget, They Also Sell All Those Cool Pencils and Erasers

It's book fair time at school. Do you remember the book fair? I sure do. I LOVED book fair time. I loved going around looking at all the different books there were to choose from. I loved pursing the pictures, and skimming through some of the chapters in books I could never get my hands on at our school library. I also loved making out my "Wish List" because they very often strategically planned the book fair right around the holidays.

Oh yea, and we usually got out of class to do all of this.

It was pure beauty.

The Girl came home very excited about the book fair. She has never been, and I know she too will love it as much as I did. I can hardly wait to see her "Wish List". It will be INCREDIBLY difficult for me not to purchase every book she writes down on that list, just out of sheer excitement.

She was talking to me this morning over breakfast about the book fair.

D: Momma, the book fair is at our school! I think today is the day we get to go and see it. I will get to see all the books that they brought!
me: Today? Really? I can't believe you get to go today! Do you get to write down all the books you want on a list?
D: Ya! They let you put down all the books you like, and then you will get them!
me: Well, actually it's called a "Wish List" that means it's full of the books you wish you could get. Kind of like a Christmas list. Just because they are on the list doesn't mean you will actually get the books.
D: Oh.
Pause while The Girl thinks.
D: Well mom, I heard there is this really really cute book there.
me: Really? A cute book?
D: Ya!
me: What is it about?
D: It's this really cute book about spiders.
me: Spiders?
D: Ya, and it's sooo cute! I really want it.
me: Why do you want to have a book about spiders?
D: I just love them. This book will tell me all the facts I need to know about them. Like what they eat, where they like to live, some of their names, and maybe even if they are poisonous.
me: Wow! That does sound like a cute book.
D: I know I want to get that one!

That's my girl. Loving non-fiction reading.

Getting all the "facts".

She's such a little Scientist.

No comments: