Friday, October 24, 2008

Just For Fun

I had out the studio equipment for another client yesterday, so after nap time was over, the kids let me have some fun.

The Girl loves this type of thing. She has outfits planned and hair do's to wear. She also liked the idea of having a fan (the blow dryer) on.



Showing a little 'tude:


Outfit and hair change:


Next up: The Little Man. The Little Man is at an awkward stage for getting his picture taken. He knows that he is supposed to smile, but doesn't know how to smile for the camera and not look cheesy. There are so many outtakes from his portion of the shoot, but here are a couple of cute ones:

Trying really hard not to laugh:


Full on giggle machine:

(Note the no eye contact in both images. Sister was being an "assistant" off to camera left.)

The ONLY one of the two of them together where someone doesn't have their eyes closed or a weird face. What can I say, it was a bad day for a sibling shot. This one is still pretty cute though. The Little Man looks like a deer in the headlights, but whatever.


You know what I love about these type of impromptu, just for fun shoots? I love that they AREN'T perfect. That's what pictures are about sometimes. Our lives aren't perfect. I don't want to look back at pictures of my kids and only remember perfect smiles and hair. I want to remember that time when The Little Man didn't know how to smile for the camera. I want to remember how much The Girl loved working the camera, and what her idea of a "great outfit" was. It's part of our lives, and I don't want to forget a single moment of it.

No comments: