Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not Much Else to Say

It's time for a new Scripture Memory for May.

First, I can't believe it's May.  The Girl has a mere THREE WEEKS left of school! Oh happy day!

Second, the scripture I picked for the next few weeks needs not a lot of explanation.

(I can hear the collective sigh of relief.)

((I'm cool with it.))

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6 NASB

I took a little break from the personal verses two weeks ago so that I could prepare my heart and mind for Easter.  I loved having that time, by the way.  Now, I am back at it again, and picking verses that speak to my heart.  This one, like the one before it, speaks encouragement.  It simply reminds me that I need not worry that all of this suffering is for not.  I can be confident that He who began it, will not only finish it, but perfect it.  He doesn't start anything without the intention of bringing it to full fruition.

As some of these days have turned into weeks, and now months, I can have full confidence that even though I don't see the work He is doing, it's there.  He is going to bring this work to perfection for the day of Christ Jesus.

I, for one, can't wait.

No comments: