Monday, May 16, 2011

New Perspective

It's time for Scripture Memory again!  I am loving my verse for this next two weeks.  First, it's short.  YAY!  Second, it shifts my perspective. 

Which, I need help with.

A lot.

I tend to be a person who focuses on two things: The Bad, and Myself.

Not a good combo.

Here's what God's word says about perspective:

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
-Proverbs 17:22 ESV

Finding joy is what I want to work on.  Not just for this next two weeks, but I'm going to go all hog wild, and try for the rest of the year!

Seriously, though, it has been our (The Hubs and I) prayer that we would have hearts, minds and mouths that are full of joy, praise, and gratitude despite our circumstances.  Truth be told, it ain't roses over here, but we've been in the muck long enough to know that a "crushed spirit dries up the bones." 

Yup, it's dry alright.

We're ready to stop surviving, and start living again.  This verse reminds me that I must be full of joy or else I'll surely dry up.

It's easy to find joy when I take my eyes off of us/our circumstances (me) and place them on the others around me (family and friends), the simple gifts in my life, and the one who sustains (The Lord Almighty).

No comments: