Monday, May 16, 2011

Because It Warms My Heart (And it's COLD Outside)

me: Oh, you have lunch plans tomorrow?
The Hubs: Yup, at a yummy Mexican restaurant.
me: No fair!  I want to come (in a fake (OK, not so fake) whiny voice)!
The Hubs: Nope, it's just me and Joe.
me: I can totally hang with you and Joe.
The Hubs: No, we need to talk insurance.
me: Well, I use insurance!  I'll just eat chips and salsa.  You guys won't notice.
The Hubs: Sorry, ain't gonna happen.
me: (Pouts a fake pout because no amount of chips and salsa would be enough to cover up talking about boring insurance.) You're mean!
The Hubs: Sometimes.
p: (who's been watching/listening to the whole conversation, but not really picking up on the fake emotion/lack of emotion) Yea, Dad! That is mean.
me: See!
p: Don't worry, Mom.  That just means you can stay home with me!
me: Oh yea?
p: Yea, we can stay home all lunch time and snuggle.
me: Sounds perfect!

What am I going to do when he goes to Kindergarten?

I'm already FREAKING out.

No comments: