Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Few More Verses

After posting my last entry, I went back to reread it.  It may not look like it, but I do occasionally proofread.  There on the side of my own blog, under "Our Daily Bread" was the other verse I heavily considered making my memory verse this time around.  It was like the the Lord said, "Don't forget this promise."

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."
-1 Peter 5:10 (ESV)

Mmmmm.  Restoration and strength sound mighty good.

Then our Compassion child ministered to me from her sweet little nine year old self living half way around the world.  She shared with us her memory verse that she is working on and wanted to know which ones we were working on.  Here's the one she's claiming:

"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’”
2 Chronicles 20:17

Pretty sure the battles I am facing pale in comparison to what she lives through each day.

A little encouragement and a whole lot of perspective.

***HA!  I just looked again to see what the verse was for today in my "Our Daily Bread" section.  LOVE how the Lord continually seeks me and shows me His love!***

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 (NASB)

No comments: