Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just a Few Pictures....

So since it is March, I thought I would catch up on sharing some pictures from since, I don't know, the BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.

Good grief!

The sad thing is, I really haven't taken too many pictures this year, unless someone has paid me to.  So the pictures I do have were taken because it was something I thought was important and worthy of sharing.   Pictures of The Girl's birthday party and activities that have sucked away all of our time kept us busy this winter.  You know.  Just small stuff.

Just living life has been a bit consuming as of late.  So that's my excuse.

Anyway, here are a handful of images to wrap up most of Winter 2011:

The Girl's cheer party.  She had a blast, the girls were all cute, the party was super easy to throw, and fun was had by all.  And I mean that.  Really.  I wish I could throw parties like that one every year.

Some tumbling:



















The Girl in her borrowed cheer outfit (Thank goodness she had on a swim suit underneath.  Modesty anyone? Geesh!):









































More tumbling:





















The Girl always loves to help The Little Man out:



















All the girls learned a cheer, which they performed for all the parents when they came to pick them up.  Here they are cheering their hearts out:



















A little candle action.  Try to ignore the fact that the cake was already cut before we sung "Happy Birthday".  I got a little excited about cake cutting and almost forgot to actually have everyone sing the song.  I rock, what can I say.









































The Girl's two most favorite friends in the whole wide world.



















Cute, huh?

OK.  Now onto winter activities.  The kids both participated in Upward this year.  Love that program.  The Little Man worked on becoming King of the Court while he polished up his basketball skilz.

Seriously, while kids might show an aptitude towards a sport at a young age, that does not mean that they will actually understand the "game" aspect at a young age.  The Little man can dribble and shoot hoop like no one's business, but his understanding of offense, defense, and the game of basketball in general was a bit lacking.

Along with all the other five year olds on his team.

I don't know why this was a surprise to me, but it was.  I just assumed that they would know how to play.  Let's just say that this led to some VERY long games.  They did improve by leaps and bounds, though, by the end of the season.

Here's The Little Man:

Planning his next move:









































 Learning some last minute strategy before the big game:



















Getting his number called, and running in from the sidelines:



















Trash talkin'









































Making himself "open" for the pass:









































Taking the ball down the court: (If it looks like he's walking, it's because he totally is.  I'm telling you the games were L-O-N-G.)



















Going for the shot:



















All in all, The Little Man really liked basketball.  Even though it was a rough start, I could totally see us doing this again next year.

The Girl participated in Upward as well.  Instead of Basketball, she chose....cheer leading!  I was pleased with her choice.  The Girl is too much of a "lover" to participate in competitive team sports.  We found that out the hard way last year.

She does love cheering though!  Nothing wrong with helping people feel like they are loved and encouraging them to do a good job.  It really was the perfect fit for The Girl.

Looking super cute:









































Reminding those guys what they should be doing "TAKE IT TO THE BASKET!"








































 And while you're there: "RAISE THAT SCORE!"








































The half-time dance: (Oh, I waited all season for this!  It was...fun...interesting...cute!)










































She really loved cheering.  No competition, encouraging people, and making friends.  That's what my girl likes to do.  Although, today she did ask, "Now that cheering is over, are we going to do something fun like Science Camp or maybe a Bug Camp?"

That's my girl.

No comments: