Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Waiting for Santa {Project Two Times Twelve}

It would have been way more appropriate for me to have posted these images before Christmas got here, but seeing as how I barely made it to Christmas on time and with my sanity in check, it would have been irresponsible of me to be here posting pictures.

Not that that has stopped me before.

But now that we have made it through Christmas, and had an enjoyable time I might add, it is totally responsible of me to post these now.

It just will feel out of order.

Again, not something that has stopped me before.

I am a little bummed out about how these turned out. I was so hoping for real snow for Christmas pictures, but that was a no go this year.  As I waited and waited, time dwindled and dwindled.  So, even though these are exactly what I was hoping for, they did stretch me to think a little differently than I would have normally, which is totally the point.

So here are the kids waiting on Christmas:

You totally need hot cocoa when it is fake snowing outside:



















Yes, that is our family Christmas tree that I had The Hubs drag outside.

The Little Man thinks he might see Santa off in the distance:









































Hugs:











































Some more love:



















My favorite: 



















Can you see how hard The Girl is hugging The Little Man?  There is LOTS of excitement!

Joy!









































Yes.  The snow is fake, but the happiness and excitement of waiting on Christmas is real. A few things:  I wish that the images weren't quite as flat.  I mean the lighting could have been much more interesting if I hadn't waited so long that I had to take what I was given.   Also, I wish that I could have had them a bit further away from the fence, however, there isn't that kind of room in our backyard. 

Overall, I do like the pictures.  I like the color and the emotion.  I also like our tree being in the background, and I did have fun learning how to create snow.  I realized after the fact (like two days later) that I totally forgot to take pics of each child individually.  Oh well.  I have plenty of those.  Another thing that I have learned, is that I LOVE being outdoors.  Even in the winter.  It's just so much more fun than studio.  I hope to lean more in that direction, with my work, in the next year.

2 comments:

~she~ said...

We share the same favorite! I LOVE the fake snow...it totally makes the picture! The fence is good too...much better than a crummy neighbor's house or something.

Brownie said...

Those were beautiful pictures.