Thursday, December 2, 2010

Permanent Chocolate

Had this conversation with The Little Man today after a snack of toast with Nutella.  He was a MESS.  I don't know if I have ever seen him quite as covered in food since he was first learning to feed himself.  I don't know what happened, but I turned around for what felt like five minutes, and found him covered in Nutella. Whatever happened to him at snack time I guess is between him and the chocolate toast, but I just wanted him to clean up before he touched even a single thing.

me: Whoa, Buddy!  You're a mess!  You're going to need to clean up right away.
P: I know mom!  I am just trying to have snack, OK?  When I am all done I'll clean up.
me: OK, when you are finished head straight for the bathroom and clean your face.
P: I will!
me: Let me know if you need any help.
After a couple of minutes in the bathroom by himself, I hear some grumbling.
me: What's going on in there Bud?
P: I am trying to clean up, Mom!
me: Do you need help?
P: No, Mom!
The Little Man emerges from the bathroom, and opens the door just in time for me to see him wipe his still chocolate covered face on my GUEST TOWEL.  *Grrrr*
me: BUD!  Did you just use the nice hand towel to clean the chocolate off of your face?
P: Yes, mom!  I had to do something.  This chocolate is permanent!
me: What? (as I get a closer look at him, and see he still has a quite a bit of chocolate covering his face).
P:  This chocolate is permanent.  I can't get it off of my face! I'm just going to have to live like this forever now.
me: Chocolate is not permanent.  Let me help you clean it off.

Thankfully, he let me help him, and the chocolate came right off.

I thought about sharing with him that chocolate is only permanent on your hips and thighs.  Faces are safe.

He might be a little too young for this kind of wisdom.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Ha...thanks for the laugh today! Yes, the chocolate has been permanent on my tummy too! What a big word for a little guy...and used properly!!!