Monday, January 25, 2010

Peace of Mind

Some updates on The Little Man:

New cute word I am having a hard time correcting: Oneth. As in "This is the twenty-oneth time I have played this game", or "I can hardly wait until January thirty-oneth!" Unlike "Candy Cakes" and "Kretzles", I am trying to correct him. As adorable as I find this to be, somehow I think I shouldn't let this one fly. However, I must admit, it's kinda catchy. I can hear myself now, "For the hundred and oneth time, clean up your room!" That's way better than "hundred and first time"

Ya, OK, I would probably just pick another number anyway.

Also, I think I have FINALLY made a decision on where and what The Little Man will be doing for school next year. Since he will be a younger five for kindergarten, I was a bit nervous sending him. As the time for registration grew nearer, the decision didn't get easier, like I thought it would, instead it grew more difficult. I was literally changing my mind every day. I was going batty, The Hubs was going batty, and all my friends that had to hear me go on and on about my decision were going batty. It's so difficult to make a decision now that you are hoping to see benefits for many years down the road. What I mean is, I know The Little Man is ready for school now, but I wasn't concerned about how he would do now, but more about what this looked like when he was in middle school and high school. Since I don't have privy to what the future may hold, I struggled making this decision.

Thankfully, I know who does know what tomorrow looks like as well as twelve years from now, and after much prayer, we have decided to hold him one more year. I am still concerned that he will be a little bored when he does start kindergarten, but it's only one year. I am also concerned that he will be so much bigger than the rest of his class (considering he's the tallest kid in his class right now and is the same size as a five and half year old), but he's a boy so he can be big without feeling too awkward, and eventually they'll all even out. What's most important is that I really feel at peace with this decision for the first time in a LONG time, and I feel very sure that this is what is in The Little Man's best interest. I will turn in his registration for a Junior Kindergarten program this week. After we find out if he makes it in, and isn't wait-listed, I will pull his name off of the kindergarten registration at The Girl's school. It feels good to have finally made a decision. I am excited to have one more year with him too. He will be gone at school a lot more than he is now, but that's the natural progression of things anyway. Actually, I think he will spend less time in Kindergarten than he will in Jr Kindergarten. So, I guess that's not so natural, but you know what I mean.

Plus, we can finally work on getting his room cleaned...FOR THE ONE HUNDRED AND ONETH TIME!

No comments: