Thursday, January 21, 2010

And I Did it Wearing a Small Fanny Pack

Here's the deal: I realize you all are sick of hearing about the race I ran in last weekend. Also, I don't know how much more I can write about it.

Actually, truth be told, I just deleted a HUGE long post about the whole thing. I wrote this big ol' post, and then at the end, I realized that it's not the details of the race, my struggles along the way (spiritually and physically), or a daily training log I want to talk about. In fact, if I did (oh, and I tried, trust me I tried. You are thankful I deleted it), the most important message about this whole experience would be lost. In reality, most people wouldn't even have gotten to the end of the post to read what I think is the most important part of this whole experience was for me.

SO here it is:

I was able to run this race by the mercy, love, and grace of God. That's it. There is nothing more to it. It was His strength alone that carried me 13.1 miles. It was his mercy and grace that allowed me to train for over a year with little to no injury. It was His loving kindness that gently taught me during each and every run. When I would make this race bigger than what it ought to be, it was Him who tenderly and lovingly corrected me. He faithfully met me every time I hit the pavement or treadmill. He kept me safe, He encouraged me, He strengthened me, He taught me, He loved me. For this, I am am humbled and so grateful. He knew my heart's desire from the time it came to be for this race, and He freely gave it to me. I did NOTHING to deserve even one second of any of it. For those reasons alone, it is very hard for me NOT to talk or write about it. I just HAVE to tell everyone I can about how amazing God is and how much He loves us.

There have been many times, in the past month especially, that the enemy has been desperately trying to take this time away from me. In fact it still continues even today. He wants/ed nothing more than to have me quit, be discouraged, or make it about myself. When all those things failed, he still tries to do work by keeping me quiet, or if I don't keep quiet, maybe convince me to take all the credit.

He won't win.

To God's glory alone, I was able to run 13.1 miles.

Praise you Lord Jesus! Your love, grace, and mercy goes beyond all human understanding.

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." -Acts 20:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you Mandie. Nothing could have said it any better than that. PTL indeed!!!!!