Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Need a Sticky Note

Have you ever just needed a reminder? I mean, like you know something, people will tell you it over and over, or it will be taught to you again and again, yet still you just need to be reminded. Or maybe you just need to hear it again for reassurance. You just want to hear it. Sometimes things can be said in ways that help you to understand something just a little bit deeper than you did moments before.

There are two songs out right now that, even though they get a lot of play on the radio, I could not hear enough. Some days, I want them to just play over and over in a loop. The words in these songs make my heart beat a bit faster, and no matter how many times I hear them, sometimes, my eyes will well up with tears.

Which, when you are at the gym and it comes on the ol' iPod, is a bit embarrassing.

Also, I am completely baffled by the fact that I will still hit the repeat button.

I live to make a fool out of myself.

The first song is by The David Crowder Band. It's called "How He Loves", and although I have a link for you here so you can take it in for yourself, I will share with you some lyrics that make my heart skip a beat. First, right out of the gate, "He is jealous for me." I need that reminder so much and so often. I need not look elsewhere.

Also I can barely contain myself when I hear, " We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking."

The next song is by Jonny Diaz. It's "More Beautiful You". (You have to push the play button on the video to hear it.) (Also, you might get solicited by a Walmart ad. Sorry.) If I could have only heard this song, oh, when I was twelve and about EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE THEN, my, oh, my I can't help but think I might have made a few different choices.

However.

These lyrics remind me, I've been forgiven.

"So turn around you’re not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It’s not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who’s strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you’ll see through the eyes of a little girl"

Now I have little ones, and it's my chance to make sure they hear this, know this, live this.

Maybe you're like me and needed a little reminder too?

No comments: