Thursday, June 11, 2009

New

Today I had a strong urge to photograph the flowers and color all around me. This is weird. I don't photograph flowers. I photograph people. To photograph flowers nicely, you need much different types of lenses than the types you use to photograph people with. I started at first with my professional camera, but was not satisfied with the results.



So I went back inside and grabbed our point and shoot.

Yes, our point and shoot.












While snapping away at the flowers, I didn't want to leave out our garden, which is just so new it's kind of cute.


The beans stretching as high as they can to reach the sun:


Little cucumbers:


You can't see the carrots or the green onions because I can barely seem them. They are so small and minuscule right now. Have no fear, all their growing is going on underneath.

I am so thankful for this weird urge I had. Not only did I stretch my brain a bit, but not more than 5 minutes later, it was almost all wiped out with hail. Thankfully the garden still looks OK, but the flowers, notsomuch.

I figured if the hail didn't take them out, it was only a matter of time before I did.

Also, if they can survive hail, then they can survive me.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

beautiful, mandie!!! so glad you got these gorgeous flower shots before the hail.