Monday, June 15, 2009

He's Four...Continued

We had a fabulous time this weekend celebrating The Little Man and his fourth year. We spent the majority of the day on Friday together as a family. We took some self-family portraits (will share those later), in which I have NEVER run as fast as I did (more explanation with that when I share the pics), had a delicious lunch at Red Robin, played some laser tag with family, and then had a delicious chocolate cake with more family while we put together last minute party preparations.

It was a day.

And it was fun.


Besides the gale force winds, the party went over very well. I was nervous about the fact that it was outside, and for some reason we can't go a day or two without a tornado or golf ball size hail, and also we had a VERY tight time line for the day. The Little Man and the cousin we shared the birthday party with, both had activities all the way up to party time. Alas, the weather held out (besides the wind), and we made it over to the park in time to have stuff somewhat set up before people arrived. All was good.

And can I just say two things about that party? First, NO ONE cared that there were no decorations/theme to the party. Because of the winds, we couldn't set up anything. Nothing. NADA. Although it was all purchased, it all stayed in the bag. I was sad and a little embarrassed as people began to arrive, but NO ONE noticed. So, in the future my parties will have NO THEMES.

Oh, I kid. You know I couldn't do it.

Secondly, I was mildly terrified about arming the children with water guns and water balloons, but it was by far the BEST thing about that party. We had so much fun blasting one another with water that we just laughed, screamed, ran around, and totally forgot that the winds were so strong we could barely stand up straight.

Did I mention the wind on that day?

Mercy.

Lastly, here are some four year old pictures for The Little Man. He's so stinkn' handsome it hurts me.

But that's just my opinion.

And I could be partial.

Here, decide for yourself:













No comments: