Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fear Not

Sometimes you wonder what all they pick up from school and Sunday School. It's hard to tell because when you ask what they did today, all you get is, "I don't remember," or "I don't know." Usually, if I ask what was their favorite part of the day I hear, "Recess," from The Girl, and "Snack time," from The Little Man. So, really, at this point, I am not getting much from them as far as what they learned or what they are talking about.

However, today, as I listened in on The Little Man talking to his sister, I found that he is learning something after all.

D: Come on Bro. Come to the back yard with me. I don't want to go by myself.
P: No, I want to play basketball. I'm going to stay in the front yard.
D: Please! Come with me and we can check the garden and you can watch me release the lady bugs.
P: No, I don't want to. I want to stay up front and practice my basketball.
D: Please! I am too scared to go back there by myself. Can you just please go with me for one second?
P: Sister, you don't have to be scared. Just remember, God is always with you. He'll be with you in the backyard to. He'll always be with you to keep you safe.

And my heart was mush.

Thank you, Sunday School teachers.

No comments: