Friday, June 12, 2009

My Baby is FOUR!

My sweet little boy is four. He's been counting down the days until his birthday since MARCH! Today, it is here. Yesterday, he came running into my room saying, "Today is the last day that I am three!" My heart broke for a moment, but then I recovered, and I have been happy ever since. I can't help it. He is so happy to be four, it's difficult to be sad about my baby being four when he can't stop singing, "I am four, I am four. Today is June 12th, and I am four."

I want to do something special for him today, but haven't quite nailed down the specific plans. Until then, and like all other birthdays, I will leave you with a montage of his past year.

Sweet boy, you are a sweet blessing in our lives, and tangible evidence of God's perfect plan and His goodness. Your sweet tender nature, silly antics, and all that you do that reminds us how "boy" you are has been the highlight of our lives these last four years. I can hardly wait to see what the years to come will bring for you, and to watch how God works in your life.

This is the day you've been waiting for for over three months now. Enjoy it, laugh, be silly, eat tons of chocolate cake, and don't forget to dance!

No comments: