Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little Behind Schedule

I realized the day that I was supposed to blog about my scripture memory verse was the day that I posted all those pictures.  Well, I am weird and didn't want them to share a post.  Kind of like making sure none of your food touches on your plate.  Except for meatloaf, potatoes, and broccoli.  Because the three of those together? pure Heaven, I tell you.

Anyway, I was trying to make my post about scripture memory be only about scripture memory.  Sticking with the whole, "Scripture Meeting Me Right Where My Life Is" theme, I am going with one of the scriptures that I heavily considered two weeks ago, and my mind has been meditating on ever since.

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1Peter 5:10 ESV

I cannot get over the fact that it will be God Himself that will "restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish" me.  It also reminds me of the truth that God is in control of our situation.  Yes, there is suffering.  He sees that.  He knows full well the extent to which we are suffering.  He not only sees and knows, but He is also concerned.  And after "a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore" me/our situation/our family.  He who knows, sees, and is concerned about our suffering will be the one who also restores me/us/our family, and it will be under His control, His timing, His sovereignty, and His supremacy.  And why?  Because we have been called to "his eternal glory in Christ".

Sometimes we are allowed to suffer in order to bring glory to God.  In His restoration, healing, and strengthening of our family, it is my prayer that all of this will bring much glory to God.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Beautiful words, Mandie, and I know that He is honored by your trust in Him in this hard season. And you're encouraging the rest of us in the midst of it too! Keep looking UP, girl...