Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We're Taking the Elevator From Now On

This conversation today reminded me of the old saying "You can't walk and chew gum at the same time".

p: I wish we had wooden stairs
me: Really? Wooden stairs can be pretty dangerous.  They are kind of slippery.
p: Slippery?  How?
me: Well, if you walk on them with socks on you can slip and fall.  That's why they usually put a runner on the stairs.
p: That's why you should hold onto the railing.  Then you won't fall.
me: I've fallen holding onto the railing before, but I didn't fall as far as I could have, that's for sure.
p: Yea, one time I fell down the stairs when I was holding onto the railing.
me: You did?
p: Yea, but that's because I was talking to myself.  That should be a rule for the stairs.  "Hold onto the railing, and no talking to yourself."  That would make the stairs a lot more safe.
me: You fell because you were talking to yourself?
p: Yea, it just takes all of your concentration.

Imagine the disaster had there been gum involved.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Funny! I love the cute things kids say! I try to write down as many as I can!