Thursday, October 14, 2010

From The Backseat

Here are a few quotes coming from the backseat in the last week or so...

P: Sister
D: (Not responding.)
P: Sister!
D: (Continues to ignore her brother.)
me: Sister! Please answer your brother.  He's called out for you a few times now.
P: Sister!
D: Yes, Bro.  What do you want?
P: Ummmm....Well...I forgot now.  You took too long to answer me.
D: Oh, I know what you should do.
P: What?
D: You need to try uploading it again.

On a very cold and rainy day The Little Man and I were driving to school.  As we approached a construction zone and a red light, we had this small conversation:

P: Oh great!  The workers are out today!
me: Well, I don't know if they'll be out today, buddy.  It's super cold and wet.  (My mind is on the logistics of the situation.  Wet a ground equals concrete that can't dry and big muddy sink holes.)
Just then  some workers pulled up in a truck and got out of the vehicle.
P: Yes, mommy, they're going to have to work today.
me: Oh! Yup, I guess you are right.
P: Oh phew!  They can work!  Look, they have hoods and earmuffs! (Clearly, his mind was on the fact that the weather conditions might make it uncomfortable for work to take place, forget the logistics.)

No comments: