Thursday, May 27, 2010

It Was a Happy Day

School is over.

The week(s) from you know where are done.

Time to sit back and take in the summer!

If we don't get blown away first.

The wind. OH THE WIND! While we have had some nice temps so far this Spring, we have had no days yet that had both nice temps AND no wind.

Until today that is.

It just made this day so much more happy. The end of school, field day, school parties, AND nice weather! It was like the perfect official kick off to summer vacation. I know I don't need to tell you how ready I am for summer break. I think I was ready about, oh, last August. And here we are!

Here's some pics to recap the day:

First up: Field Day at The Girl's school. A little balance beam obstacle course:


Oh, and I brought along Mr. Grumpy Pants:


Who quickly livened up when he could get to the playground:




I think I have mentioned this before, but nothing quite says "Field Day" to me like having your face painted:



Alas, it is still her favorite part of the day.

Then I had to take a break from all the action and head over to The Little Man's school for his Pre-K graduation. After a long year of studies he has decided he'd like to go a little deeper in the field of Jr Kindergarten, next year.

Something that I thought was really cute about this particular event is that his teachers came up with what they thought each student would grow up to be. (I so wish I could share the video with you all, but I can't because it includes some private 4-1-1.) His teachers this year were really great, and you could tell they really got to know each child individually. They predicted that The Little Man would become a high level CEO based off of his leadership abilities and interest in numbers. I am now curious as to what type of leading he was involved in this year with his friends on the playground. Hmmmm. Anyhow, it was cute. He did come up to me and ask what a CEO is after the presentation was all over.

Quickly, The Little Man and I ran back over to The Girl's school to finish up Field Day and have fun at the End of the Year party.

Here they are getting ready for some bounce house/slide fun! The Girl was so sweet and allowed her little bro to tag along for a short while:


Quickly, she went back to her friends. This little girl is her BFF 4-EVA...at least this past year:


This pic cracks me up. The Girl just thinks that rabbit ears in a pic are funny. She doesn't realize yet that it's only funny to do it to someone else unsuspectingly:


She's a beauty anyways, so I'll keep her:


The Girl's First Grade teacher:

Even though the year had it's ups and downs, The Girl adored her teacher.

And I, for one, am so glad it's Summer Break.

Did I say that already?

No comments: