Monday, May 3, 2010

Almost Missed {Project Two Times Twelve}

Technically, I did miss April.

By two days.

I could get all anal, freak out, give up, and walk away from the project of two kids in twelve months, but I will instead persevere. This time learning that sometimes fun can happen unexpectedly, and in cooler weather than hoped for.

In April, we had issues. First, at the beginning of the month The Hubs and I went to Mexico. In preparation for this trip, I worked my tail off so I could leave and enjoy myself without feeling guilty about all the work I left behind. Next, we had fun entertaining the stomach flu for a week. Lastly, the weather took a nose dive for the remaining days. Add that to a repeat performance of "Preparation so I could leave and enjoy myself", and we are now in May.

Yesterday, out of no where, I told the kids they were headed outdoors for a little impromptu session. They kept on their clothes from church, and outdoors we went. As you can clearly tell, the setting could have been mapped out a little better. Not the best location, but it was close to home. Plus, I didn't want to ruin the fun of the impromptu-ness of it all by spending all our time traveling somewhere.

Also, I have to admit, I have TOTALLY lost all my outdoor photography mojo. It's been a long winter. I am totally itching for outdoor stuff, but it's been while. Sadly, I am battling the whole "If you don't use it you lose it" scenario. I am in a MAJOR funk about it. And it shows. I hope it isn't too long lived! My kids are going to learn to hate my camera and I because I refuse to let this funk beat me. I have to get over it, and QUICK!

No more excuses....just bear with me for this month.

Even though I was having a hard time, I didn't want the kids to know it. I just let them have fun and run around. We all pretended it was a warm spring day (for 20 minutes) and went for it:

Love the way she leads him and the umbrella leads her:

Running is always fun and it keeps you warm:


The Little Man was working some seriously crazy faces...I just went with it:




The Girl who was working her beauty and an umbrella:

Some crazy sun haze and wild wind:


I hope May turns out a bit better. I am looking for more outdoor fun and to GET OUT OF MY FUNK.

The End.

No comments: