Monday, May 10, 2010

At the Front of My Mind

Around these parts, May is living up to all it's hectic glory, and earning the right to be called the "Spring December". The good news about that is when you are super busy, you don't have the time to lament over how long the month is dragging as we try to approach summer. I feel like it was just April 1st yesterday, yet as Friday approaches, we will be at the mid-point of the month. My prayer right now is, once the kids are out of school, for the next ten or so weeks to sweetly drag their feet.

In the last few days these things have stuck in my brain amidst the craziness:

1. The Little Man was invited to a birthday party. This is a pretty rare event since he is still on the younger side. Many of his friends don't have birthday parties for friends yet. That and no one wants to invite him. OH, I KID! Seriously though, he doesn't have a ton of friends yet since he isn't officially in school. So, when the rare invitation gets thrown his way, it's a big deal. He loves going shopping for the gift...or at least he likes any opportunity to peruse the toy aisle. As he was planning which day we would go to Super T, he was making sure I too was putting it on the calendar so we wouldn't miss getting the gift.

p: Mom, we need to go to Target and get my friend a gift because his party is on Saturday, OK?
m: OK, we'll make it over there before the end of the week. Don't worry.
p: We should go now, Mom. We might forget.
m: I don't think I'll for get, Buddy. We'll get a gift in the next few days.
p: But, Mom, if we forget it will be horrible.
m: yea.
p: Yea, you know how you say "Happy Birthday!" to people?
m: Yes.
p: Well we couldn't say that to him because he wouldn't have any present. We would just have to say to him "Regular Birthday to you! Sorry, it can't be happy, but we forgot your present!"

So, in order to avoid a "Regular Birthday" we made time to get over to Super T later that day.

2. I don't know if it was officially my "Mother's Day Gift", but I did get this a few days before Mother's Day this past week. Two words for you peeps with hardwoods or tile floors, IT ROCKS! Super, super easy to use, and to clean AND sanitize all at once? HELLO! I'm in love. It was also nice to not have to lug around water for a mop, or any of that spray stuff I normally use. Nope, I just plug this baby into the wall and BANG, I'm a moppin' fool. Another little tidbit I would like to add, especially for those of you living with the male species: It cleans AND SANITIZES around the toilet without you having to bend down and scrub with your face just mere inches away from the nastiness.

So, to summarize, I love my new mop, it cleans AND sanitizes, I don't have to put my face near any more "misfires" in the bathroom.

And I love it.

Oh, I said that already.

3. Currently, I am trying not to inhale an entire pint of this delicious goodness. I am eating the Island Coconut flavor. Yum and more yum. It tastes so fresh and perfect I really don't have many other words to describe it except fresh and perfect. It reminds me of the Coconut ice cream I recently fell in love with while in Cancun last month. I also love that it has ingredients I can read as opposed to all sorts of crazy wild junk that not only is hard to read, but you wonder what it's doing in ice cream and why. I mean, just give me milk, sugar, eggs, and then whatever flavors I choose. You don't need all that other junk. Just the good stuff is all I require, and that's just what this ice cream is.

As I sit here eating it, I feel like I have been transported to another place and time. A place and time that is warm and sunny.

I am also pretending that I am in a place that is NOT being threatened with a large amount of snow in just a mere 48 hours in MAY.

People, it is past Mother's Day, which means we should be DONE with the white stuff. Also, I feel like I could have officially run out of patience with the cold weather. I have planted my garden for crying out loud!

OK, I will not freak out about something that hasn't happened yet. I will calmly wait and see.

And find the tarp so I can cover all tender vegetation.

No comments: