Thursday, October 29, 2009

OK. Sometimes I Like Snow

We are wrapping up two days of no school due to a Fall snow storm that started on Tuesday evening, and is continuing even now as I type on Thursday evening. I would say it's safe to guess that we have had about 18 inches of the white stuff fall. Who knows exactly, but it's a lot. Not the most that I have ever seen, but still enough.

The first day that we had school called off was also, coincidentally, the first day The Girl has ever had a snow day. She had no clue what it meant. True to herself, she cried because she was going to miss school, and tried to argue a way back into getting to go. I literally had to explain that no one was going to be there and the building would be locked. I guess she thought I was just being lazy and didn't want to go out into the snow. Thankfully, after a day of baking, watching movies, and playing in our jammies all day, today went much more smoothly when I told her there was still no school today. There was actually a little smile on her face when I told her she got to stay home another day.

Today proved to be just as fun as yesterday. There is just something about having all of us under one roof, together, and with nowhere to go. It's just so fun and relaxing. I was surprised that the day didn't just fly right by like they usually do. I mean, I wouldn't say that time felt like it was standing still, but I don't feel like I am left wondering where the day went. We had a great time baking, playing indoors, watching movies, playing outdoors, and just being.

Together.

With nowhere else to go.

It was happy.

Even though it was cold.

Sibling happiness:


Don't forget the snow dog:


It doesn't look like much snow until you see some of the drifting on the roof on the left.

(Yes, I realize that our home is two different colors in this picture. That is a blog for another time.)

(OK, I'll just tell you. The painters started painting the house the day before the storm. Now we must wait until the snow melts and we are dry enough to finish. In the meantime, we are green and pink. It's cool though. I might go with those colors for Christmas decorating this year.)

My two favorite men. I think this might be my favorite picture of them:


The Girl all bundled up:


Yes, I know there is no picture of me. While I am happy we have had snow days, I still do not care for snow...which is why I snapped these pictures from the garage...still in my jammies.

We don't need a picture of that.

No comments: