Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Cold Fun

Since it is dreary, cold, wet, and slightly snowing, guess what we did today? Yup, it was a field trip to the pumpkin patch. Apparently, the teachers tried to cancel it and try for another day, but while I was out of the room, they had a vote and the other parents decided we should just go for it anyways.

Ahem.

So, we all bundled up and headed out in the snow to have a hayride, jump in bounce houses, go through a hay maze, and pick out a pumpkin. Thankfully, there was also a stop for some hot cider. My Little Man had a great time, and I worked very hard not to ruin it with a grumpy disposition. I think I did pretty good. It did only last for about an hour and a half. When I started to feel my real feelings trying to bubble up to the surface, I thought it would be a good time to go home. With that, I found his teachers and let them know we would be heading out, going home for the day, and thank you very much for a grand time.

It was just so grand.

At 34 degrees.

Upon getting home, I was back into my jammies in about 2 or so seconds. Thankfully, The Little Man didn't even question our early departure. He thought that it was totally normal that we were leaving the school day at ten in the morning.

I love that little boy.

I did get some fun pics:

A scary vampire thing:


Now a monster:


Jump house madness:

(wasn't it nice of them to allow the little kids to keep their shoes on in the jump houses?)

Corn maze rowdiness:


Hay ride heaven:


Hot cocoa and tea for the rest of the day.

No comments: