Saturday, September 21, 2013

Still Truckin' Along

I never thought time could move any faster than it already did.  Apparently, when you add a job to the mix, time really picks up the pace.  How in the world did we already hit the first day of Fall?  We are three quarters of the way through September!  The kids' teachers are already talking about getting signed up for the first Parent/Teacher conferences.  Have they even had enough time to get to know my kids?  I feel like the first day was just yesterday!

In other news, I am LOVING my job.  It is the perfect fit for me in the time department, it just right challenge wise, teaching only science has made my days teaching so much fun, and I'm finding it's a perfect balance for me as far as being a mom, wife,  and teacher.  So in summary: I'm praising God for His provision and goodness to me.

The Girl got a part in a local production of Beauty and the Beast.  She will be playing Gaston, which we are still laughing about over a week later.  My quiet, girly, peace keeping,  people pleasing girl will be playing a loud, boisterous, arrogant, bossy, mean-spirited, MAN.   We've decided this is a great time to learn about how to stretch ourselves.  It's not called acting for nothing!

The Little Man is getting ready to run his first cross country race this weekend.  He was training for the mile, but came home from practice this week and announced he signed up for the mile and a half race.  Well.  Okay.  It should be interesting.  He does love to run, though.  I love that!

The Hubs and I have been moving forward with our plans for a new future business.  I became a CEO this week, we got our tax stuff set up, and we bought our first property.  I'm keeping the details a bit sparse on purpose.  First, I would like to see some things develop before getting too attached, and also, I'm not sure exactly of all the details, the vision, etc. I'm sure you're thinking, "Well, that's kind of irresponsible!", as I'm sure it sounds that way.  The truth is, from the inception of the idea to where we are now, there have been some twists and turns.  The final idea and goal has remained somewhat the same, but getting there has been interesting.  So, instead of firmly planting our stakes into the ground, I'm trying to be very flexible and let God lead this where He would like it to go.  James 4:13-16 is rolling around in my head as I type this.  "13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil." (NIV)

It's a very busy season in life.  I'm sure I'll look back at these days with thankfulness and fondness.  I can't wait to see what we harvest!

No comments: