Saturday, October 12, 2013

This Week Could Not Have Come Sooner

I'm on the brink. 

Seriously.

I don't think I can remember a time in my life when I've been busier.  Between working part-time as a teacher, a full Fall photo shoot schedule, and two kids who are overly very involved in after school activities, I feel like I'm at a breaking point.  I have never had an issue with driving or being around people all day, but both of these things make me want to crawl into a room, turn off the lights, and sleep. 

In summary:  I'm not handling the busyness well.

However, this week is Fall Break.

When I saw our school schedule for the 2013-2014 school year, I thought it was weird that Fall Break was a week early.  Now, I'm so thankful!

I've been dying to read, clean/organize closets, plan out my science units until Christmas break, and write, write, write.  (Aren't I just a poster child for "cool"?)

Seriously.  There are some things that I have just needed to attend to, and for the life of me, there isn't enough time in the day.

Until now.

I have a sticky note on my computer it reads: Photos, Plan, Closets, Read, WRITE!  Lest, I get sucked into wasting my time on Facebook or other random internet searches, I have this bright yellow sticky to remind me of what I really want to do.

Thankfully, the kids are so excited to just chill as well.  They both are craving some TV time and jammie days.  And, can I just say? That makes my heart swell with love and pride.  My little sweeties!

Yesterday, I had some time to chat with some other parents as I volunteered at the kids' school for The Girl's class program.  I heard about family vacations and all sorts of Fall Break activities people had planned.  Instead of feeling bad that I had nothing planned for the kids or I, all I could think to myself was, "Thank GOODNESS!" 

The only thing I will need to fight against this week is sleeping too much, or sitting in front of the TV for too long.  And in the event that this does happen, I will still consider my Fall Break to be a roaring success.



No comments: