Sunday, September 8, 2013

Everything Looks Better When You Stand in a Hole

A real conversation around the dinner table:

D: I can hardly wait to pick our corn.  I love corn! This is going to be so good!
P: Yup! I'm gonna want to eat it everyday.
me: Guys, I don't know how well our corn is actually doing.  I mean it's not very tall.  I think that it's supposed to be much taller.
D: Well, I saw a corn cob growing on it, so I think it will be fine.
me: Well, I've heard a saying that corn is supposed to be "Knee high by the fourth of July." Ours wasn't even close to being that tall on the fourth of July.
P:  What?! Yes it was!  It was totally knee high if you stood in a hole.
The Girl and I: (Blank stares)

I still am not sure how to respond.  Clearly logic has left the building.

No comments: