Friday, September 30, 2011

A Letter To My Girl

**This post is for My Girl.**


Dear Sweet Girl,

I want you to know that when you came home yesterday devastated, that I too was crushed.  It pains my heart when you hurt.  I know you had your heart set on getting a part in the school play, and even though we talked about the possibility of it not working out, the thought never crossed your mind that you would have to cross that bridge.  I'm so sorry that life's path isn't always as smooth as we would like it to be.

Can I tell you how proud I am of you, though?  I am so proud that you were brave enough to even try out!  I am so proud that when the drama teacher came over to apologize to you about not having enough speaking roles, you quickly shut off the tears, looked her straight in the eye and said, "That's OK.  I completely forgive you."  After that, no more tears.  You continued on in practice and found a way to have fun, even after feeling hurt and rejected.  I am so proud that after we discussed the pro's and con's of staying on with the show, despite not getting what you wanted, you decided it would be better to go on ahead, have fun with your friends, learn some new things, and stay loyal to your commitment.  You are demonstrating such courage and perseverance.  What blew me away the most was later last night, when we said our prayers, you thanked God for the opportunity you had been given to be apart of something so fun.  You thanked Him for helping you to understand and not to be sad anymore, and then you asked Him for His help.  You asked if He would help your heart learn to love whatever job they gave you.

There are no words to describe how I felt.

Since you have accepted Christ into your heart this past summer, I can see how He is changing you and growing you.  To be thankful in a time of hardship is an amazing example of being Spirit led.  Relying on Him to grow your heart to desire His will, is far beyond your years. 

I want you to know that He sees you.  He sees you yielding to Him and His ways, and He is glorified by how you are dealing with this.  These bumps in the road, while they can be difficult and hard to understand, they are part of life.   You have chosen to deal with this bump wonderfully. 

I am so very proud of you.

Love,
Momma


 "The LORD your God is with you,
   he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
   he will quiet you with his love,
   he will rejoice over you with singing."

-Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
 

No comments: