Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Last Bite

So Labor Day weekend kind of halted my blogging mojo.  I was doing pretty good there for a couple of days, though!  I need to finish up this trip to Boston so that I can blog about other stuff.  Possibly more important and even more interesting?  Nothing is actually coming to mind right now, but if it did, I would need to have the Boston trip finished before I could start something new.  I'm that kind of gal.  I like to finish things/things to be finished.

When we last met, we had traversed, on foot, much of downtown Boston in our flip flops.  After coming home and resting our "dogs", we enjoyed sleeping in very late again.  The next day (and our last day), we woke up to clear blue skies, and much warmer temperatures.  We considered heading back into downtown Boston again to try to catch a whale watching tour, but thankfully I listened to the voice that was screaming inside my head telling me, "ARE YOU CRAZY LADY? NO!  Just chill and relax your last hours here!! PLEASE!". 

So we did.

Something really cool, that I haven't shared yet, is that my sister lives only four houses from the beach.  Yes.  Four houses.  Do you see why having rain for the majority of the trip kind of put a damper on what my sister and I had planned on doing while I was there?  

Speaking of the rain, I guess when it rains in the Boston area (maybe everywhere else too?) it really increases the amount of bacteria in the water (I'm not really sure about the science behind this, sorry, no explanation).  So gross.  All that to say, there weren't too many beaches nearby that were considered "safe" to swim at.  Including the one down the street from her house.  However, the beach by her house also had a lot of rocks.  These rock formations made great places for tide pools and all the stuff that The Girl loved so much the last time we hit up the beach.  So, despite the "No Swimming Due to High Bacteria Levels" signs we ventured onto the beach, not to swim, but to find stuff.  Any kind of stuff. 




















(A little Hermit Crab)



















Turned out, it was a BLAST!

My sweet compliant boy posing for the camera!



















My sweet girl, showing off some of her loot:








































The Little Man making it out to the highest point:



















It's not as much fun unless sister joins in too:



















Back on the beach we searched for sea shells.  The Little Man wanted any kind, but The Girl, after taking some time to consider things, decided to only collect the ones with holes in them so that she could turn them into a necklace when she got home.  So creative, that girl. 

I thought for sure that the kids would give me a fit about not allowing them to go into the ocean to swim, but they never did, and had a great time.

(I am sort of dying about this picture being taken at high noon.  No pretty light, and harsh shadows.  Boo.)



















Yes, we did quickly wash up after this little "incident":



















After letting the kids down, yet again, because I wouldn't allow them to bring their Hermit Crabs home, we headed back to the "Bungalow" to clean up and catch our plane.

The flight home was just as smooth as the flight there (Thank you Harry Potter), and soon enough (well as fast as five hours can go), we were back at our little "Bungalow".  We were tired, but thanks to our late nights and even later mornings, no one showed any signs of jet lag. 

Perfect!

No comments: