Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Territory

Eeeks!  It seems as though I am super tardy in posting my newest memory verse.  I actually have been thinking about it quite a bit.  So, it's not like I forgot.  There were a couple of verses that I had been pondering, each one speaking to my heart right where it's at.  The thing is, my heart hasn't been in the same place day after day. 

I am in some new uncharted areas in life.  Exploring new ideas and options each day.  My feelings are all over the board, and I can be excited, scared, overwhelmed, and completely full of passion all in a span of five minutes.

Yes, I am sure it's like heaven on earth living with me right now.

Finally, this morning, I decided that Joshua 1:9 was my verse.  I have returned to it several times this past week.  I love the context of what is happening, and am feeling a connection.

Joshua has just become the leader of God's people after Moses's death.  He still has to lead God's people into the Promise Land.  I don't know, but that sounds like some pretty big shoes to fill.  Maybe he was a little scared or unsure?  Maybe he felt a bit overwhelmed or unsure he was up for the task?  It doesn't really say how Joshua is feeling about his new role as leader of the Israelites, but I do know that God tells him three times to be "strong and courageous".   God is also pretty specific that he shouldn't worry because He will be with him in all he does, and also lays out how important it is that Joshua relies on Him for strength and guidance.  I am just guessing, but that probably isn't something God would do if Joshua were all, "Ya, I got it, God, you can count on me.  I've totally got it under control".

Maybe Joshua did, but God just knew better?

Anyway in verse nine, God says "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”(Joshua 1:9 NIV).

As I traverse new territory, and figure out what the stirrings God has given my heart are all about, I will meditate upon this verse.  No matter which way I turn, no matter what new path I decide to take, I have no reason to be afraid or discouraged because The Lord is with me.

No comments: