Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Boy...He's Big

Today is the day.  The day that my boy has been waiting a whole year for.  Today, he turns six. 

Every year we spend his birthday so happy.  So excited that it's finally here.  The next day we wake up and all The Little Man can talk about is how he can hardly wait for his next birthday.  And it begins all over again. The wait.  The anticipation.  The planning of the birthday parties.  He's got his parties all planned up until he's 10. 

I wish I was kidding.

The kid LOVES his birthday.  I recently found a shirt that says, "Everyday is my birthday!".  Everyone that knows him laughs when they see him in it.  They know it fits him.  If he could have it any way he wanted it, it would be his birthday every day. 

This year we spent the whole weekend celebrating him (and our family) with a little getaway (I'll bore you with those pictures and posts later).  It was so fun to see him so excited and so happy all weekend long.  I wish we could have frozen the weekend for like two or fifteen more weeks.

Baby Boy,
You've grown so much this past year.  I can barely recognize you anymore!  You've lost teeth, you've grown out of three sets of clothing, and oh! all the things you've learned!  This past year has been especially special for me as your mom.  This has been the last year that you stayed home with me before officially starting school.  Yea, I know you were in Jr K, but once you start Kindergarten, it's different.  You'll see.  While I have loved having you all to myself all year, I can't wait for you to see what this next year has in store for you. 

Thank you for being such a great friend, brother, and son.  You have the most amazing heart!  You care so tenderly for those close to you.  You love fighting bad guys, playing Star Wars,  being super heros, and blasting stuff with your lasers and guns, but at the same time, you must have your closet doors closed every night before the lights go out.  I love every bit and piece about you, and I can hardly wait to see you grow another year!
Here's your video for your sixth birthday:

Love,
Mom

No comments: