Friday, April 15, 2011

Light and Airy

I mentioned in my previous post that I was able to get The Little Man out for some pictures just mere hours before his dad pulled his tooth out and blamed it on the floss he lost his first tooth.  I knew the tooth was coming out soon, and so this shoot was planned in order to capture the last images of my baby boy looking like a baby boy. 

I know.  I'm so dramatic.

Ironically, almost every single image I picked out from the session either included his sister, or him with a non-teeth baring grin.  I couldn't help it.  Plus, he made it very easy on me to not choose any picture of him with his teeth showing since each and every picture with his teeth showing looks extremely forced or irritated.  I guess this session wasn't as important to him as it was to me.  Oh well.   We still had some fun.

While I was out shooting, it occurred to me that I was a bit rusty. I guess I haven't taken too many pictures this year.  This makes me sad, but I am working on extending myself some grace, considering.  Also, I have convinced myself that I will be shooting much more once the weather warms up.  Also, I HAVE to find some new locations which will require that I force my children to take pictures me to do a few practice sessions for fun.

Enough already.  Here are my kids: (Not that I think you care, but just in case you do, I did process these pictures quite differently than I usually do.  It was fun to do something different, and I like the light, airy, warmth that these have.  Also, I really like them in B&W, so I've included color and B&W for this reason.)

First, the two of them together: (They posed themselves for this one.  I think it's too cute and very true to who they are.)






















There's those teeth!  This is the ONLY one where his teeth show:




















Are you beginning to understand why I am so sad to see that sweet face change?























I only wish the wind wasn't blowing quite so hard.  It made the back lighting on The Girl nearly impossible as it revealed every last strand of hair blowing wildly in the wind.  However, it's spring and that's par for the course where we live.  I guess it makes it more real?

The next pics you see of The Little Man will show a large gap in his smile.  It seems that he will not just lose the one tooth, but that BOTH lower front teeth will be gone very soon!

I am hiding all the floss.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I LOVE the ones in color. Fantastic. I never know how to dress everyone in pics. You nailed it. Well, I guess that makes sense since you're the photographer. :)