Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Lovin' at the Zoo

Something that has been so wonderful this summer (literally this summer has been pretty close to perfect, but more about that later...or not), is how well The Girl and The Little Man have been getting along.  They are like two peas in a pod these days, and it melts my heart over and over again. 

Just so you know, it is not always like this.  Last summer, we were all having a hard time getting along. I blame it on the weather.

But this summer!  Oh, this summer!  It's a regular love fest.  I. Cannot. Get. Enough.

Tonight, The Hubs surprised them with allowing them to have a sleepover in The Little Man's room.  They were beyond happy.  Way more happy, in fact, than anyone should be about sleeping in a sleeping bag on a floor.  However, the giggles and squeals continued on.  The Little Man told The Girl, "Sister! I have a great idea.  Let's hold hands all night long!"  She agreed.  I am so checking on that in just a short while.  Pictures will follow if it is indeed true.

So with sibling love in mind, and the fact that we went to the zoo last week and I have made no effort yet to blog about our adventure, I will now attempt to cram both sibling love and the zoo together in one post...in pictures, of course!

After taking yet another picture on the Bear Statue, I wondered, how many of these pictures I could dig up?

In honor of siblings, we have the two BFF's just last week at the zoo:























That poor bear.  He has no idea what is covering his eyes.

Good thing.

Just last year:






















Here, The Girl is 5 and The Little Man was only 3:






















It must have been cold that day.  The Little Man looks so thrilled here, and The Girl is DONE with pictures.  Clearly, I wasn't thinking through the posing on this pic.  I was in survival mode.

The Girl at four and The Little Man at two:






















How much do I love about that picture?  Let me tell you!  First, because the kids are so little you can actually tell that they are sitting on bears.  B) Do you see the chub on The Little Man's face?  I would suspect there is a sweet pacifier grin under those cute little cheeks somewhere. Last, The Girl.  Seriously.  She is so stinkin' cute here it hurts me.  This was the summer she decided to grow her bangs out.  OK, I decided, but she totally went along for the ride.  I remember looking at these pictures when they were first taken, and I thought she looked so old with her bangs pinned back.  Now I look at her and think she is just a baby here.  These were such hard days as a mom, especially compared to now, but ohmygoodness, those babies are so sweet.  I barely remember them this way. 

Sad.

OK.  Here we have The Girl with no bears and no brother.  She was three and the Baby Boy was one.  I don't think The Little Man was stable enough yet to sit on the bears yet, so we have The Girl, in the same area as the bears, but a little different scenery:



















Do you see the chubbiness in her little cheeks here? 

SMOOCH!


















Ah!  Here he is!  Right were he should be!  Oh, the paci!  So cute.  Here in the safety of the double stroller, he is safe from eating something (poop) that he finds on the ground, he isn't killing my back from being held (he wasn't walking yet), and he still has a good view.   This last week at the zoo he actually asked if we could rent a stroller for him.

Some habits die hard.

 Lastly,   The Girl.













 









I think this is pre-brother.  My guess is based off of the hat alone.  Oh, and the mullet that was just starting to get a personality of it's own.  You can barely see the wisps hiding under the hat.  Love, love, LOVE her intense stare and curiosity at whatever she was taking in at the moment.  I still see that same look often when she is watching a movie for the first time, reading a book, listening closely to story or directions, collecting her bugs, or working on some sort of project.  The only thing that has changed are those sweet little cheeks.

Oh, and the mullet.

Thankfully, that has filled in.

No comments: