Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Setting Me Straight

I love music.

I love it even more when it touches me, reminds me of a place and/or time, or makes me feel an emotion. I really love it when the words say something I've been wanting to say, but haven't been able to say it just right.
 
Blame it on having a deliciously lazy summer, if you will, one that DOESN'T include a formal Bible study (for the first time in a VERY long time), and I have found that I have some extra time during my quiet time in the morning, and through out the day even, to really think about what I want from my quiet/prayer time each day.  Admittedly, there have been days when I don't know.  I just pray and open His word.  Thankfully, He has been gracious enough to guide me on those days when I have no clue what I am doing.  Still, I have been frustrated with just going along without any sort of guidance.  No commentary, no questions, no one to bounce ideas off of or to chat about what they thought that last passage meant.

It's just been me and The Lord.

Which, I have realized, is the whole point.

Hello.

While frustrated one day, I heard this song.  After hearing the first verse, I instantly knew I would love it.  It was the words I had been desperately seeking to pray, but couldn't.  It has reminded me of what my focus for each and every day should be.  Whether in a formal Bible study chock full of guidance, commentary, and small group discussion, or if it's just me and The Lord, this is what I want to strive for each day.

To know Him more today than I did yesterday.



No comments: