Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm A Little Too Far Past Gone

Dear March,

I've been waiting for you. I realize that spring doesn't come until you are almost over, but I still have high hopes for you. Even though it snowed on your very first day, the days that followed, have been pretty wonderful. I hope you are thinking to yourself, "Girl! There's more where that came from!" If you are, I will wholeheartedly say, "BRING IT!" Because the fifty degrees, while it felt great, is still only fifty degrees.

Don't you think it's sad that I thought fifty degrees felt like I was at the brink of summer?

Me too.

You know, March, sometimes you are windy. Let's not do that this year, OK? No, this year let's be different. Let's be a warm invite to a glorious spring. Let's pave the way to some no coat wearing, capri sporting, flip-flop adorning days. Let's usher in some outside playtime, and welcome the sounds and sights of basketballs smacking the driveways, kids running around in front yards, bicycles riding up and down the paths, and maybe a little batting practice.

Guess what? I saw that you have already been working. Yes, I saw your tiny little buds on my tree today. Also, when I glanced down at my rocks, I saw some green from my perennials popping through.

Thank you.

You know what else? I have a big job for you. All that snow that STILL HAS NOT MELTED maybe you could get rid of that ugly stuff.

Please.

Yes, March, I have high hopes for you this year. Please be kind.

Love,
Desperately Seeking Sunshine and Warmth

No comments: