Thursday, March 25, 2010

Away

You know I am lovin' Spring Break right now. I love having both of my kids home even if we don't have anything planned.

I know.

Crazy.

Anyway, we did have something kind of big for the first part of break. We got invited to stay in the mountains with our cousins. This type of trip is like winning the lottery for my kids. They can't get enough of staying over night somewhere, in their sleeping bags, and in the same place as their cousins. They were actually counting down the days for a couple of weeks before hand.

And can I say? I think that God is really working on my heart in the weather department. I found great joy in the mountains last weekend despite their snowy-ness. Also, even though it's Spring Break, we had a pretty good sized storm the past two days, and I wasn't even phased! Heck, I put on my snow pants and my snow boots (yup, I have purchased boots that are not in the least for fashion, but instead are all about warmth and staying dry), and went outside and played with the kids for close to TWO HOURS.

I know.

It's a miracle.

Here's the deal: The snow isn't so bad when you are dressed properly. And sometimes properly isn't too cute, but it works, and it allows you to have fun.

Here's some of the fun we had in the mountains while dressed properly:

Little Man getting ready for his first run down the sledding hill:


The Girl:


He's off!


Going down with her daddy:


This is a high tech sledding hill thanks to our Uncle who has made a little system similar to a magic carpet on the bunny hills. Here's The Girl getting pulled back up to the top of the hill with all the tubes and sleds:

(I'm pretty sure when I was a kid I had to sled uphill both ways!)

That's what I am talkin' about! Coming back up the ol' fashioned way!


Auntie and cousin:

I love Auntie. One of the things that makes her so cute is that she is the same size as her kids right now (and this is her youngest!)

Givin' the thumbs up:


And Uncle had to get in a run too:

I wonder if he waxed that sled up al la Clark Griswold style before he headed down?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us snowshoeing. Hold on tight: I LOVED it! No joke! I may have found a winter activity I can enjoy.

When it's sunny.

And there is no wind.

No comments: