Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Love {Project Two Times Twelve}

So, remember at the beginning of the year when I was going through photos, and had thought that I didn't take enough of my own kids? Remember how I didn't especially like that feeling? Well, meet Project Two Times Twelve. Twelve months to take photos of two kids. Of course, I will still take snaps of the kids through out the year whenever, but at least once a month, I am vowing to myself to take more than just snaps. I am going to make a concentrated effort to document life, beautifully.

Since this month is all about Valentines and love, and as well as being totally frigid out, we were inside and doing studio style portraits. It's been a while since I have gone studio style with the kids, so we were due. I think I can safely say, that this will be the last time for awhile, as well.

Not because they were poorly behaved, or that it takes about an hour just to set up and tear down again (maybe that is part of it, actually), I just don't think it captures our lives. It's too set up. Too posed. Too Sears photo studio-ish (not that there is anything wrong with that). It's just too not what I was going for.

Hey! I had to do it wrong to find out that I wasn't doing it right. Now, the goal is to steer in the right direction next month.

Here's what we have this month:

It's been awhile since I have taken a pic of the two of them together. I love The Girl's gapped smile. By the end of the year, that will be gone, so I am glad I got it now...as crazy as it is.


Casual and cool, The Little Man:




She looks too old in these:




Next month: No studio!

It's time to capture life.

No comments: