Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day, Batman, Wedding Rings, and Other Related Stuff

Both kids have their Valentine's Parties tomorrow. I had to wonder tonight, "Who have I become?" Somehow, I have shifted from just having the kids fill out cheap, ehem less expensive, little Valentines with their names on the "from" line and "friend" on the "to" line, to filling baggies full of heart cookies, lollipops, cards, and then tying it all up with a cute bow.

So what if the cookies were from the refrigerated section. I still had to break them apart and bake them!

I guess I thought since The Little Man's class only had thirteen kids in it, including himself, that it would be as good a time as any to get cute. I did feel weird doing it though. I can also say, with a reasonable amount of assurance, that it won't happen again.

I don't know why I am so grumpy about Valentine's Day this year, I did love it as a kid, but as a parent, it's just another one of those holiday parties when my kids come home all jacked up on sugar. They also usually bring a bag of more sugar home with them to keep them all ramped up through the weekend.

BUT!!

But, we do get a four day weekend.

LOVE that!

Please, let just ONE of those days be a jammie day!

I will close with these quotes from the kids that are completely unrelated to one another or the rest of this post (What? Did you expect this post to flow?):

The Little Man got a Batman book from the library today. As we were driving home, he was working his way through the book looking at all the pictures.
p: Oh my gosh, Mom! They even have a picture of the Laughter in here!
me: Huh? The Laughter? What do you mean?
p: You know, the mean guy with the big smile painted on his face.
me: Oh! You mean the Joker?
p: Ya! The Joker.

While The Girl played with a magnetized rock from her rock collection, she formed a ring and placed it on her ring finger.
d: You know, if you put a ring on your ring finger it means that you are married.
me: Oh ya?
d: Ya. I am just putting it on my finger now though to get some practice, and to let my finger get used to the feeling.

On her wedding day, you can call her anything but unprepared.

No comments: