Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Adorable, Green Loving, Fashionista

It's becoming evident that we are going to have to hop off the gravy train called "The Cousin's Hand-Me-Downs" for The Little Man. I didn't expect that it would end until much much later on down the road, like when the boys stop growing, since they are a year apart in age. However, The Little Man started on a growth spurt oh, about a year ago, and has literally not stopped since. He is now often confused for a five to six year old. Since that is the age of the cousin we are getting hand-me-downs from, this poses a problem.

At first the shopping for clothing for him was kind of painful. I haven't had to spend money on clothing for either of my kids (The Girl also has an older cousin)! Then, I started getting into a groove. Yesterday, I can say, I actually enjoyed myself. There is some fun in being able to choose the clothing your kid is going to wear for the season (we were shopping for summer...oh yes, yes, we were.). Also, I loved getting to see what The Little Man would pick out for himself. Compared to The Girl, he is much more of a fashionista.

Shocking, I know.

He really likes green right now. So, pretty much any time I gave him a choice between a few items of clothing, if it had green in it, he picked that one. We came home with these shorts.

Oh, yes we did.

We'll make it work.

I think the highlights of the trip were: 1) when I tried to find a shirt that would better match a pair of shorts he chose (no not the green plaid ones), I ventured into the toddler section. You would have thought I had committed some horrid act. "I don't wear clothes from here! These clothes are for babies!" he told me. and 2) While trying a few things on in the dressing room, The Little Man took a look at himself in the mirror. There he was in a shirt and his Batman underwear. He took in a deep breath and proclaimed "I am ADORABLE!" He even summoned me to take a look because, "Mom, I am just so aDORable!"

He was adorable.

Humble, no. Adorable, yes.

I am looking forward to many more shopping trips with my new shopping buddy.

No comments: