Thursday, September 17, 2009

Now What?

So, construction finally came to a halt on the house yesterday afternoon. We have all three bathrooms back, and we are sleeping comfortably in our home. The quietness today has been wonderful.

And so has the running water.

So, now what? Well, I have a huge mess to clean up. Not having bathrooms and staying in another location for a period of time has our home turned upside down. I have also figured out that once something or some area is kind of messy, we (as a collective whole family) just plain give up on being tidy.

What I am trying to say is: We are living in a pig sty. That's the long and short of it. I thought I would spend the majority of the day cleaning and tidying up a bit, but it was too overwhelming, and I felt like, with all the other things I had to do, there just wasn't enough time to do the whole cleaning thing right. If you can't do something right, don't do it at all. That tends to be my motto.

Unfortunately.

I procrastinated further tonight, by taking pictures of my kids. Here's the deal: I haven't taken pictures of my kids together (professionally) since before Christmas last year. That is simply unacceptable. Knowing that tidbit of information, I just couldn't clean and feel right about it. We were having a photo emergency. Period.

Here is a snip-it of some of the delicious goodness I got tonight:





They have a bit of fall color, but the kids still have a bit of sun kissed skin from this summer.

I think I love them.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

guess what? i live in a pig sty, too. quite literally! cute pix. i really like the one of you and scott walking through that tunnel-ish thing, where was that? keep thinking i'll bump into you at lifetime one of these days...hope all is well!