Monday, September 7, 2009

Laborless

As I sit here, still sleepy, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for three day weekends. They are some sort of glorious gift. All day yesterday, I kept having these moments where I would remember that it was a three day weekend, and we still had one more day. Oh, the happiness that would wash over me.

We have one more day to lounge around (trust me, there has been no lounging up until today). One more day to catch up on all things lazy. One more day to be together as a family.

As I sit here typing, I have accidentally left the Today show on in front of the kids. That's a no-no in this house. The Girl has just informed me that there are aliens and that they have spotted hundreds of space ships over the last few years. "And, Momma! It's all true! I just saw it on the news!"

So, I guess you could say we have one more day to catch up on current events.

There is nothing better than having a day to take a break from your normal routine. I am especially thankful that I didn't have any bright ideas on filling up this day with all kinds of activities.

Now, it's time to "get my rest on".

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: