Sunday, May 19, 2013

Living On My Hard Drive

Photos that tell the story of our days have been collecting dust on my hard drive.  Most taken with my phone, on a whim, others a bit more planned.  Just a bit.  What's been missed with words, will now be spoken with images.

Suffering through a cold soccer game...I know I've mentioned this once or thirty nine times.

A day of tubing in the mountains with our Aunty and her fiance:



Oh yes I did.  I snagged this pic of the soccer team right behind the professional photographer.  I'm bad like that sometimes.

The Girl did a Revolutionary War re-enactment for a field trip.  She was THRILLED to be an Indian Warrior.  They got the most make-up.  Priorities, people. Priorities.











The kids and I went to see Mary Poppins at the theater downtown when it came.  What a wonderful show and special treat for us!


Someone made it into the Spelling Bee for first grade.  They took the top 15 spellers based off of test scores.  He made it to the third round before forgetting the second "p" in "slipper".  Dang!  Ironically enough, the one word he missed on his written test was "stopped".  He forgot the second "p" in that word as well.  We are proud of our hard-working student no matter how far he made it!


 I chaperoned a field trip to the Nature and Science Museum for The Girl's class.  It was me and these crazies:
 Yup, that's eight kids.  EIGHT.  In a Museum.  Here we are destroying sitting on a mammoth tusk.  The group behind us thought this pose would be a great idea as well.  Apparently, it's not OK with the museum curators.  This shot may or may not be illegal. 

My sweet littles also earned their second stripes in Jiu Jitsu.  They continue to work hard and love it!


 
Here's The Little Man getting ready to serenade me with the rest of his first grade friends (OK, and their moms too) for Mother's day.  It was a very sweet performance.
That's one blurry pic!

If the museum wasn't enough, I thought, heck, why not chaperone a zoo field trip.  GAH!  At least they were all outside and nothing was breakable.  Plus, it was super fun to hang out with The Little Man for the day.  There also was an unfortunate incident that involved bird poo.  Thankful that his momma was there to calm, clean, and move forward.  



It's been busy and full...and wonderful.  Thankful that this school year is wrapping up.  We are ready for the break.  However, I must say, it feels like I blinked and it was over.  I think this has been the fastest school year yet.  So much to be thankful for!

No comments: