Monday, April 15, 2013

Is That A Duck?

Somehow, we've become addicted to Duck Dynasty.  The whole family is on board.  Actually, I know exactly what drove us to the OnDemand feature.  It was the Spring Break blizzard and one case of walking pneumonia that had us on our rear ends for a few days in a row.  After burning through our DVR and getting reaquainted with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, there was this one show.  This show I kept seeing in people's status updates, and hearing people laugh about in random conversations.  All three seasons of Duck Dynasty just happened to be available on OnDemand for all of Spring Break.  It only took a couple of episodes to become addicted. 

With over 90% of the episodes watched, and many episodes watched three or more times, it's easy to guess that we have been throwing around some Duck Dynasty one-liners here and there in conversations. This morning's conversation, though,  still had me cracking up well after it went down.

A very loud, gross noise breaks the silence that is our early morning breakfast.  Obvious of where it came from, both in person and body part, The Girl was quick to holler at her brother.

D: EEEEW!  Bro-y!  That's so gross!  I'm trying to eat my breakfast!
P: (with out even skipping a beat) What?  All I heard was a duck call.
D: (Laughing) Bro! That's sick!
P: (Still not cracking a smile) I'm serious.  I just heard a duck call, what did you hear?

Ahhh, the "Who stepped on a duck?" comment has evolved just a little bit. 

No comments: