Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Peaceful Heart

Recently, The Little Man made it as a finalist for the first grade spelling bee. (I assure you, he did not get the spelling gene from me).  He was pretty proud of himself, as he should be.  As of right now, he is tied for first place in his class.  We are eagerly awaiting the day he competes against the two other first grade classes in his school. 

Last night, as we did our devotional, we learned about how much God cares about the things that keep us anxious or make us nervous.  We recited the Philippians verse about not worrying about anything, but instead we can bring all things to God.  We also thought about the goodness of God who allows us to cast our cares upon him because he cares for us.    After that, we decided to come up with some things that have been bothering us, and together bring them before God.  After The Girl shared her anxious thoughts, The Little Man just looked puzzled. 

p: I just don't have anything that I am worried about!
me: Really? Nothing is upsetting you?
p: No!  I mean its all really fun and cool.
me: Wow.  What about the upcoming Spelling Bee?  Are you nervous about that?
p: No.  I mean I'll just do the best I can.  That's all I can do anyway, right?

And so we praised God for the peace that fills that sweet boy's heart.

No comments: